Paid search is a wonderful way to drive internet traffic to our website from the major search engines. It can also suck our marketing budget dry in just a few days if not done properly. The bottom line is somebody is going to profit by implementing paid search. The question is, is it going to be us or the search engines like google? The objective in the search engines like google is much more clicks. The much more individuals click on our advertisements the much more money the search engines like google make. Their technique is to get as many clicks as feasible inside our budget are willing to do that all day long. The real objective should be “fewer clicks, lower price with much more conversions”. Let’s take a couple of minutes to look at some strategies that ought to make a difference in our campaigns.
1. Turn off Content Network in Google when you first set up a campaign there is a default setting that turns the “content match” setting to “on”. For now, turn that setting off. What this does is present your advertisements on websites that are using AdSense. In the event you visit a website and see “Ads by Google”, those advertisements are coming from Google paid search accounts. Those ads show up on these web sites according to the content material in the website. You will find two things which you need to consider before turning on the content match. The very first is the fact that the website that is hosting our ad gets paid each and every time somebody clicks on the ad. The second factor is that many people who click on these ads are performing study. The magic of search engine marketing is that you come in get in touch with with people who are actively looking for what you have to offer. Only spend for clicks that come from individuals in that category.
2. Search Terms. The more common the term, much less qualified the lead (generally speaking) and also the more the cost. What I attempt to figure out is what terms would work to be able to get my perfect consumer to my website.
3. Keyword “types” There are 3 types of keywords “Broad”, “Phrase” and “Exact”. The rule of thumb that I use is: for single word phrases, use precise match and for search phrases which are two to three words, utilized “phrase matching”. I’m also experimenting with utilizing “exact” matching for these terms also. The more specific the search term would be to what you’re providing and who your ideal client is, the more qualified to lead will probably be. Better a small quantity of qualified leads than a large quantity of leads that waste your time and ultimately price a great deal more cash.
4. Just a couple thoughts on writing copy for ads. Whenever you write your advertisements put the following inside your “headline” box: keyword: “your main keyword. This may put your keyword phrase in to the headline. Your ad should be specific enough to attract only your ideal client (someone who’s searching for precisely what you have to offer). Your ad should contain a minimum of one of your “unique selling propositions”. This may be extremely difficult because of the space limitations. Rule of thumb, discover out what your competitors are doing and do something different. For instance, if everyone is providing free shipping, use one of your other unique selling propositions.
5. Landing Pages. You need to put lots of thought to your landing pages. Your landing page has to complete 1 thing, that is, answer the questions are up that the searcher had in thoughts when he typed in his important words. The searcher kind in his search terms simply because he has a problem, requirements a solution and is in some type of “pain”. You’ve about two seconds to convince him that you comprehend what he is going through and what he needs. The final thing a searcher desires to view see how excellent you are. They just don’t care. You have to show them that you possess the answers to their requirements. Don’t just send them for your home page unless your house page can achieve the above. As soon as you connect together with your searcher you must have a call to action. It can be a “buy now”, “for more information contact us”, “contact us for a free evaluation” or “free consultation”. You must be extremely specific and clear concerning the subsequent steps. Have your “phone number” or “contact us button” on every page.
6. Tracking. Finally, track every thing. Paid search is not an exact science. It takes time to set up and optimized your campaigns to get the results that you are searching for. You have to monitor your campaigns a minimum of weekly in order to catch marketplace changes. Google, Yahoo and MSN have totally free tracking tools that work excellent.
Paid search is a superb marketing tool, if used properly. It could also, as stated earlier; dry up your budget in a heartbeat. It’s a lot less expensive to locate someone who knows what they are performing and does this day in and day out to help you than it’s to lose a large number of dollars attempting to figure it out yourself.